Voices for National Service and Cities of Service are coordinating a Mayors letter in support of S.3624 and H.R. 6702, the Pandemic Response and Opportunity Through National Service Act.
To add your Mayor’s name to this letter, please fill out the form below.
The Pandemic Response and Opportunity Through National Service Act is a bipartisan bill that will:
- Fund 750,000 national service positions over a three-year response and recovery period.
- Create a partnership between AmeriCorps and CDC inspired by FEMA Corps to provide for additional response surge capacity that could be deployed to specific areas as needed.
- Provide flexibilities for AmeriCorps and Senior Corps programs quickly to grow and respond to dynamic local recovery needs.
- Prioritize funding for activities directly related to our response and recovery, such as:
- Public health services,
- Emergency logistics,
- Workforce and reemployment services,
- Education support (including for adult learners), and
- Services that combat nutrition insecurity.
- Ensure that individuals’ financial resources do not limit participation by increasing the AmeriCorps living allowance to 175 percent of the federal poverty line and tying the value of the Segal Education Award to the cost of two years of public university tuition, harmonizing the treatment of both with other programs by making them nontaxable.
- Fund new online tools for Senior Corps to safely move to a teleservice model.
- Invite participation by a diverse range of Americans by launching an awareness and outreach campaign on response service opportunities and supporting the Volunteer Generation Fund.
To add a Mayor to this sign-on letter, please fill out the form below.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com