Every March, we celebrate AmeriCorps Week. This year we’re celebrating March 13-19.
During AmeriCorps Week, we recognize the commitment of the millions of Americans who have chosen to serve their country through AmeriCorps and AmeriCorps Seniors, and encourage more Americans to follow in their footsteps of service.
We are thankful for all the hard work by so many and are confident national service is ready to meet the moment and continue to help make an impact.
The AmeriCorps Agency has an amazing webpage and toolkits full of resources to help us commemorate AmeriCorps Week. Below are some of their best ideas, plus a few of our own!
Are you wondering how you can participate?
- Join us on “Day of the A”. Don your best AmeriCorps gear, whether a very large pin, a baseball cap, some stickers, a shirt… whatever it is, take a photo, and share it on your personal social media channels on Thursday, March 17 in honor of the Day of the A. AmeriCorps alumni are invited to share pictures/videos from their service.
- Send the AmeriCorps Week social press kit to your local, state, and federal elected officials and community leaders, and encourage them to recognize AmeriCorps Week on their personal social media channels.
- Host a thank-you celebration or reach out directly to AmeriCorps members or alumni in your community.
- Help declare March 13-19 AmeriCorps Week in your community by securing AmeriCorps Week proclamations from your elected officials. Download a proclamation template here, and contact Voices for National Service – firstname.lastname@example.org – to get AmeriCorps statistics specific for your city or region.
- Share AmeriCorps’ impact. Through op-eds, letters to the editor, or other communications channels, highlight the impact of the work these members do in your organization/community.
- Share videos, photos, and posts on your social media offering #AmeriThanks to AmeriCorps members and alums during AmeriCorps Week. Check out the AmeriCorps Week social press kit for sample posts and key messages. Remember to tag or mention Voices for National Service on Twitter and Facebook so we can amplify your message!
- Share your service story with Voices for National Service – we would love to highlight your story of service! Voices for National Service is collecting video testimonials from recent AmeriCorps members/alumni who have served, or are serving, during COVID. Share your AmeriMemories here!
- Follow along on AmeriCorps’ social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), as well as the Voices for National Service social media, for the latest on AmeriCorps Week.
This AmeriCorps Week join with us as we celebrate the impact of our programs and offer our thanks to members and volunteers for making an impact and serving others.
Together, we can help the country recover and come back stronger. Together, we persevere. Together, we are AmeriCorps.